Friday, August 18, 2017

Final Book in The David Chronicles! A Response from the Reader

Glenda A Bixler is an excellent book reviewer, and her reviews of Rise to Power and of A Peek at Bathsheba (the first two volumes in the trilogy) are thought provokingh. But she has outdone herself in her latest review, the one for the last volume, The Edge of Revolt. Not only did she include David's psalms in her essay and not only did she open with an excerpt but she used the book's name in a twist I did not see coming, a twist that is amazingly appropriate for our times.

This is how she opened her piece: As soon as I had reviewed three of the Inspired by Art books in this series, the last of which complemented this book, I knew I wanted to read the novels. As with the Art book, I found the third book, The Edge of Revolt, the most provocati
ve and filled with new information...for me... I admit that somehow I had missed the impact of what happened to David in his later life...and to his children...

To read more click here:
Final Book in The David Chronicles! A Response from the Reader...

No comments:

Post a Comment