Thursday, March 10, 2016

The VERSATILE BLOGGER Award

It feels so rewarding! My blog, which is centered around themes of creativity in art and writing, has been in existence for only two years, with traffic sky-rocketting to over 47K visits last month (check out the chart below.) And now it has been tapped by fellow author Tamara Ferguson, who is not only my dear friend but also a top-ten best-selling, multi-award winning author with the coolest website ever, Tales of the Dragonfly. I'm thrilled that she nominated me for Versatile Blogger Award

Thank you so much, Tamara. It's a great honor, especially coming from you!
8a10d-versatile-blogger-award1
Seven things about me:
  • In high-school I wrote a research project about the Israeli poet Uri Zvi Greenberg, who was politically out-of-fashion at the time. As a result, I received a failing grade for this project. The failing grade could have been corrected by taking an exam, which I refused to do, on principle. This meant never finishing my matriculation requirements for completing high-school requirements.
  • I earned my B.A. in Architecture and Town Planning from the Technion in Haifa, Israel,  my M.A. in Architecture from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy NY, and my M.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of Michigan.
  • Since I never learned the proper technique for breast-stroke, I taught myself to swim using my own 'technique', swimming underwater for three strokes and coming up for a breath on the fourth. Looks a bit unconventional (which means, funny) but is gets me up and down the pool with the rest of the swimmers...
  • I do things the Indie way, designing my own book covers (using my own art) formatting the text for print, and converting it to ebook format, all single-handedly.
  • My career spanned several professions—first as an architect, and later as a software engineer, software team leader, software manager and a software consultant, with an emphasis on user interface for medical instruments devices. The longest stretch of work was my eight years for Philips Ultrasound, developing a high-end ultrasound machine that never made it to market, because the company went out of business. This experience gave me the fine detail for the scene in my novel, Apart From Love, where Anita's womb is being scanned.
  • I travelled to China, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil.
  • I published two series, The David Chronicles about the life of David and Still Life with Memories about the life of a family over two generations.  

Nominating 15 blogs and bloggers
To the nominees I’ve listed: I awarded you because I believe you have an excellent blog and my readers and followers will find some great posts at your site. Should you choose to continue this game and nominate the next winners, check out the rules below. To my readers: Be sure to visit these blogs, you'll be glad you did:




The Rules:
  • Thank the person that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
  • Nominate at least 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
  • Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
  • Share seven facts about yourself!

Traffic chart for this blog

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Well deserved and thank you Uvi for the mention. Warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the inclusion, Uvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Uvi and WOW! Just WOW! You are so multi talented and a wonderful contribution to the Indie world <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... It's my pleasure, I believe we in the Indie world can make it through supporting each other :) And thank you for taking a look at my blog!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Uvi, your talent and supportive generosity is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete