Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Masterful retelling of King David's Rise To Power

Love this review of my historical fiction novel, Rise to Power:

product rating stars A Masterful retelling of King David's Rise To Power, November 6, 2015
By 

I love Ms. Pozanski's writing.It is lyrical, smooth and refreshing. When I want to lose myself in a world of achingly beautiful prose, I run to Ms. Pozanski's work. Only a poet, or psalmist, could bring this old story to such vivid and sudden life.

In this first book, we relive David's fight with Goliath and the political machinations that led up to this astonishing battle. I don't really care whether it is historically or biblically accurate because the point of this story, in her own words on her Amazon page, is to bring the young David to life--to see HIS story, hear his thoughts, dream his dreams, feel his worries and fears--Ms. Pozanski achieves that and so much more as he wrangles with the old King Saul, falls in love with Saul's beautiful daughter, and becomes a wanted criminal, then...

How does it end? Well, if you're familiar with this biblical tale then you know. But you'll want to live this story as I did, through Ms. Pozanski's magnificent telling of David's, Rise To Power.

I listened to the audible version of this book, which was very well done.

Most Highly Recommend Rise to Power (The David Chronicles Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment