Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Modern Take on a Biblical Story

Lovely new review for my novel, A Peek at Bathsheba:


5Modern Take on a Biblical StoryAugust 4, 2015
This review is from: A Peek at Bathsheba (The David Chronicles Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I'm a fan of historical fiction and have a soft spot for biblical fiction. In this second book of Poznansky's series about David, I was drawn to to beautiful imagery and characterization of historical figures I know so well from the Bible. What stuck me most about "Bathsheba" was the humanity of those characters and how under Poznansky's care, David became "real" for me. The author's unique perspective on time period drew me in, making me believe she had first hand knowledge of the conversations between David and Bathsheba which felt both biblical and contemporary at the same time. What made the book so enjoyable was that I connected to David as a person, a human with mortal faults and weaknesses, just like me. He questioned himself and his loyalty to God, all the while struggling with the power of sin. Outside of the Bible, within in the context of this series, David (and Bathsheba) are still both holy and worthy of reverence, but are also people in need of our empathy and understanding. Bravo. Highly recommend to historical fiction lovers, especially those who enjoy novels like The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.

No comments:

Post a Comment