Saturday, November 1, 2014

Classic Read

Aniruddha Sastikar is a poet whose work I truly enjoy, and the author of two books, Wings of Freedom and Maiden Musings. I am thrilled to find his review of my book, A Favorite Son:

on November 1, 2014
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Writing a review on a book authored by a talented and skillful artist, writer, and poet - Uvi Poznansky, is in itself an honor and privilege for an amateur poet and writer like me.

I am incapable to review work of such an educated, elegant, and accomplished artist, but I'll try to do so.

"A Favorite Son" by Uvi Poznansky is a wonderful combination and presentation of love, sacrifice, jealousy, fear, hate, hopes, wistfulness, and much more to it. Images through out the book are excellent. They really are captivating and transports the reader to that location, literally; as if the reader is observing the characters, live. I haven't had read any Biblical tales till date, but "A Favorite Son" introduced them to me. It is noteworthy how a mother (portrayed in "A Favorite Son") plays a significant role in bringing up her children. Her sacrifices, her love, and her plans. Aren't all these found in a Mother? Yes. They are an inbuilt characteristics of a Mother anywhere on earth.

There's no doubt Uvi carries a strong vocabulary and has that ability to create a picture using them, which keeps the reader gripped till the last page. Apart from being an outstanding writer, she's a first-class artist and sculptor, which is noticeable from the cover art of this book and visiting her blog site.

For those who are looking to read on strong family ties, I highly recommend "A Favorite Son".

No comments:

Post a Comment