Thursday, July 24, 2014

A wildly creative look on a biblical story

Brenda Perlin is the author of Reality BitesShattered Reality, and Burnt promises.and she also writes children's books. I am thrilled to find her lovely review of A Favorite Son:

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favorite Son!July 24, 2014
By 
brenda (LADERA RANCH, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: A Favorite Son (Kindle Edition)
A Favorite Son by Uvi Poznansky is a smart retelling of the story of Jacob and Esau. This insightful read is about birthright and power and yet so much more. This book had me laughing at times with the authors great sense of humor that is sprinkled throughout. This story comes alive on the pages. I would highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy history and stories on families and relationships.

A Favorite Son is well written and a wildly creative look on this Biblical story. It’s full of life which weaves a tale on one side of negativity and then on the other, compassion. There is true life emotion that pulled me in. Dysfunction is everywhere but so is the human spirit.

Quote ~

"The notion of asking my brother-no, begging him-to forgive me, crossed my mind. I thought of retracing my footprints and perhaps, finding my way back home, only to realize, by nightfall, that those footprints had led me astray."

No comments:

Post a Comment