Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Very Moving and Touching Our Soul

Today I discovered two new reviews, and I am deeply touched by both of them. Oh what a wonderful magic, what a touch between souls happens when listening to poetry! This is what Clarissa and Sondra wrote for the audiobook edition of my poetry book, Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching Our SoulMay 20, 2014
By 
This review is from: Home (Audible Audio Edition)
How can I possibly convey the feelings I have experienced while listening to “Home”? How does one speak about the universal emotions echoing in my heart, this luminous combination of autobiography and dialog between a man who has died and his surviving daughter? I do not know. I can quote passages, describe scenes and repeat what many have said so eloquently. Instead, I will talk about my first experience with an Audible. I won this in an event, with no review expected. I never liked Audibles, sensing that it would be like watching television, the voice detracting from the author’s intention or the reader’s imagination of what the character looks like, what the character sounds like. However, this mini epic of one family comes alive through words, emotions and a hypnotic voice. Its performance is reminiscent of the earliest poems, similar to, say, the poet Allen Ginsberg singing William Blake’s Songs of Innocence and Experience or the oral transmission of Beowulf enacted in drinking halls. Poznansky consistently demonstrates the yearning many of us share by using the magical metaphor of “life rewinded,” reflecting the theme in her father’s poetry. Whether in electronic, print, or audible form, the power of the words will touch our soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very movingMarch 23, 2014
This review is from: Home (Kindle Edition)
I got this as an audio book. I have listened to a few but Home was so good and relaxing it pulled me in as the narrator read it. This was the work partially of author and father. I loved all of the works. They were all deep and very moving. I fully intend to read more of the authors works.

No comments:

Post a Comment